[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sean Waite" <swaite at sbn dash services dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPSEC VPN w/Cisco PIX-Strange problem
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:24:39 -0500
I have a strange problem with a m0n0wall to PIX VPN. At the office is the PIX, home is the m0n0wall.
For example, today I swapped out a
switch that had the PIX line to the inside network. When I got home I find as usual the VPN is non
functioning. By this I mean SAD/SPD
are created, no error messages, yet no traffic is going through. I have had this problem EVERY time
there is a network interruption. To
fix this I have to physically turn off the PIX, turn back on, and then reboot the m0n0wall, and then
the VPN will work just fine...that
is until the next break.

Here is where it gets confusing. I SSH to the PIX, and then send the reboot command, for which the
PIX then reboots. That does not
work, nor has it ever. Every time I have to physically shut off the PIX and turn it back on.
Otherwise there just is no connection to
the other side, even though there are no error messages and both sides indicate a tunnel has been
made.

Can anyone make sense of what is going on here?

Sean