[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Object tracking
 Date:  Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:28:36 -0400
On 6/28/06, Chris K Ellsworth <ckellsworth at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Are you talking about BGP?,

Eh, what he was describing, I didn't really take as being BGP (though
I'm actually having a discussion right now with someone saying exactly
that).  BGP isn't going to help with certain network failures, and
definitely isn't going to be practical for most people's Internet
connections.

I saw it more as a feature for a dual/multiple WAN setup where you
can't get BGP, which would probably be 99.9+% of all Internet
connections.  I'm sure there are probably some of those commercial
multi WAN devices (for load balancing multiple Internet connections)
that do something like this.

-Chris