[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mark Gilbert" <mgilbert at marinhd dot com>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Object tracking
 Date:  Wed, 28 Jun 2006 22:01:27 -0700
I have implemented object tracking on a 1760 Cisco router.  We have a
corporate office which has a T1 internet.  This office connects to a
remote office via a point to point T1.  Voice/Data/Internet travel
across the Point to Point T1 back to the corporate office.  This is how
7 Offices connect.  One of these offices has a separate organization
which has there own connection to the internet due to bandwidth
requirements.  The 2 orgs share a common 1760 router.  What I did was
use object tracking to track the availability of an IP outside of there
DSL line.  If the address was no longer available, it would dynamically
change the routing and route all of the special organizations traffic
via the Point to Point and out the Corp T1 internet connection instead
of out their DSL connection.

I was looking at http://www.xorp.org/ and
http://www.vyatta.com/twiki/bin/view/Community/WhatIsOfr, but they do
not have this functionality.