[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:08:58 -0600
> For all following this thread, I have just finished a fresh install and
> config of m0n0 1.22 on one of three new Dell PowerEdge 1850 servers,
> running off of a USB flash drive.  I plan on putting this unit into
> production tomorrow afternoon.  I will let you know how it goes.

And the saga continues...  I didn't have chance yesterday to make the change
to the Dell server so I let things run and was going to make the change
today.  After just over 9 days uptime the existing box locked up last night
at 12:26 am.  By the time I got the alarm, got to the office and got
everything changed over, we were back up and running on the new server at
12:55 am.  At 8:06 am today, the Dell server locks up.  If I do the math
right that's 7:11 of uptime.  Again, this config is one built from scratch
on 1.22, brand new server out of the box.  This now makes (I think) 6
different hardware platforms I've tried (all of which work great in my other
m0n0 apps).  None of these hardware platforms have shared ANY of the same
components, they are all unique.

Now someone tell me it's my hardware!  haha  I'm going to build one of these
boxes into a pfSense box and see what happens.  By all accounts it should
fail under pfSense if it is the hardware right?  haha  Sorry for the
attitude.  But I am frustrated at this - I have too many customers and too
many high paying customers to have to reboot these things all the time.  And
yet they work so well in my other apps in other pats of my networks...
Don't get me wrong, I love m0n0wall, but......

Aaron