[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:00:04 -0600
> Why run m0n0wall on new Poweredge hardware?  I would actually expect more
> problems from new server-specific hardware than I would from older
> hardware, as FreeBSD (and Linux!) takes some time to stabilize drivers.

It was a last ditch effort.  I thought I would try something a lot beefier
than my other hardware.  I have 6 Lex Systems CV860A units - 4 with the VIA
C3 800 MHz processor and Realtek NICs, and 2 with the VIA C3 1GHz processor
and Intel NICs - they all run with 256-512 MB ram, and 128 MB CF cards.  I
have tried different brands of CF cards (ie. Lexar, SanDisk Ultra, Centrios)
and different ram as well.  All of these froze.  3 of them are currently
running fine with 1.22 in different installations.  I sure would like to use
one of those, it is a waste of a good PowerEdge.  haha

Aaron