[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeff Buehler <jeff at buehlertech dot com>
 To:  Aaron Cherman <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:15:31 -0700
I would use the VIA C3's with the Intel NICS for troubleshooting since
they should be fine.  I don't know about Realtek stability.  Some of my
m0n0wall/Linux/*BSD problems I have been able to trace to NIC driver
issues, and Intel should be stable.

Do you use something to thoroughly test your systems before production?
I use "The Ultimate Boot CD" and run Memory and CPU tests on systems to
verify integrity.  The only regular freezes I have ever experienced in
m0n0wall or FreeBSD (5 or 6) have been on systems that had small but
detectable hardware issues, often memory type or timing issues,
sometimes CPU clock/overclock problems.

Jeff