[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  scott dot k at facilitywiz dot com (Scott Karch)
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  <scott at fwiz dot com>
 Subject:  Help with layout....
 Date:  Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:31:32 -0500
Has anyone used M0n0wall with a BGP setup?

T1a	T1b
 \    /
  HUB

  M0n0wall
   \
    \
    NETWORK  /24

We have a /24 ( 255 IP addresses )
I want to 1:1 NAT the entire subnet to a 10.0.1.x in case we ever move I
only need to change thr NAT and DNS, not every server. What is the best way
to 1:1 NAT these? Do I need 255 NAT entries?

BGP NOTE
( for those who don't know BGP, it allows 2 different circuits from 2
different ISPs to serve up the same IP addresses. In case one ISP goes down,
all traffic will route through the second T1. It's not a load balancer, but
each client will take the shortest route to your network, meaning there will
be some sort of balancing, just not active ).