[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  scott dot k at facilitywiz dot com (Scott Karch)
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  <scott at fwiz dot com>
 Subject:  Help with layout....
 Date:  Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:31:32 -0500
Has anyone used M0n0wall with a BGP setup?

T1a	T1b
 \    /
  HUB

  M0n0wall
   \
    \
    NETWORK  /24

We have a /24 ( 255 IP addresses )
I want to 1:1 NAT the entire subnet to a 10.0.1.x in case we ever move I
only need to change thr NAT and DNS, not every server. What is the best way
to 1:1 NAT these? Do I need 255 NAT entries?

BGP NOTE
( for those who don't know BGP, it allows 2 different circuits from 2
different ISPs to serve up the same IP addresses. In case one ISP goes down,
all traffic will route through the second T1. It's not a load balancer, but
each client will take the shortest route to your network, meaning there will
be some sort of balancing, just not active ).

  Scott Karch
  Facility Wizards Software
   scott at facilitywizards dot com
    773-832-0200 x1102