[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  SDamron <sdamron at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Scott Karch" <scott dot k at facilitywiz dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, scott at fwiz dot com
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Help with layout....
 Date:  Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:40:54 -0500
WOW!  I don't know your specifics, but you would need LOTS of memory
for doing BGP.  Not to mention, probably much more bandwidth in order
to do a full view.  I would look into a more industrial grade router
for doing this.  Not to mention that there is no working (dependably
anyway) way to do dual WAN interfaces.

On 6/29/06, Scott Karch <scott dot k at facilitywiz dot com> wrote:
> Has anyone used M0n0wall with a BGP setup?
>
> T1a     T1b
>  \    /
>  HUB
>  M0n0wall
>   \
>    \
>    NETWORK  /24
>
> We have a /24 ( 255 IP addresses )
> I want to 1:1 NAT the entire subnet to a 10.0.1.x in case we ever move I
> only need to change thr NAT and DNS, not every server. What is the best way
> to 1:1 NAT these? Do I need 255 NAT entries?
>
> BGP NOTE
> ( for those who don't know BGP, it allows 2 different circuits from 2
> different ISPs to serve up the same IP addresses. In case one ISP goes down,
> all traffic will route through the second T1. It's not a load balancer, but
> each client will take the shortest route to your network, meaning there will
> be some sort of balancing, just not active ).
>
> Scott Karch
>  Facility Wizards Software
>  scott at facilitywizards dot com
>  773-832-0200 x1102
>  773-832-0202 fax
>  http://www.facilitywizards.com
>
>  * Simple * Powerful * Flexible *

"Nothing on earth can overcome an absolutely non-resistant person."