[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Help with layout....
 Date:  Thu, 29 Jun 2006 22:31:15 -0400
On 6/29/06, Scott Karch <scott dot k at facilitywiz dot com> wrote:

> Currently, I only have the /24 for my use. Can I still 1:1 NAT or do I need
> one additional IP address for the WAN port of the M0n0wall?

Ah, you're going to need one for the WAN, and since you're already
using one for the CSU/DSU, you can't do a 1:1 with the whole /24.

I'd suggest seeing if you can get a /30 from your ISP, one IP for the
CSU/DSU and one for m0n0wall's WAN.  That makes everything *much*
easier, and if they're serving you BGP I can't imagine getting an
additional /30 would be an issue.

If getting a /30 is absolutely out of the question, your setup is
going to be a royal pain to setup.  You'll either need 252 (254 usable
minus 2) individual 1:1 entries, or a mix of /25, /26, /27, etc. to
make it work without hitting .1 or .2 in any of those.

-Chris