[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:05:09 -0600
> Right now i have a monowall installation that freequently freezes. This
> particular installation has no ICMP traffic shaping rules, but ICMP
> traffic is permitted for specific hosts.
>
> I'd like to ask you guys how youre handling ICMP traffic... If your
> monowall freezes up - do you allow ICMP traffic or not? If your monowall
> never freezes - do you allow ICMP traffic or not?

I assume you're asking about incoming packets.  I do allow ICMP for 15 1:1
NAT hosts.  But I'm fairly certain the freezes did not start after enabling
the first 1:1.  I kind of remember it starting shortly after upgrading from
1.11 to 1.2, but I have gone back to 1.11 and the same thing occurs.
Therefore I also do not think it is a version specific issue.

Aaron