[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:13:24 -0600
>Before I moved into my new house, my m0n0 box had been up for at least
>200-250 days or so. It just sat in the corner and did it's thing. I did
>swap out a network card for an intel unit after I moved so I could do
>vlans and optional interfaces over one card. Perhaps vlans and optional
>interfaces on intel cards has something to do with it.

 I have had this happenw tih Realtek NICs as well, exact same circumstances
and bahaviour.  I know Realtek NICs are not the best, but I'm just saying
that I don't think it's isolated to Intel NICs.

As for the VLANs and optional interfaces, that could be a possibility. (?)
I run 12 VLANs hosted on one physical interface (Intel 10/100).  How many
others are having this problem and are running VLANs?

Aaron