[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Justin Sirois" <justin at onthez dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Can't access share over PPTP VPN from Windows Mobile 5
 Date:  Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:19:49 -0500
I have been using m0n0wall and loving it for some time now.  I have a pptp
vpn setup and have used it to log in remotely with my laptop.  Once in I can
get to my desktop shared drive and pull files off, administer m0n0wall, use
terminal services, and that's about the extent of what I need to do.

I recently got a new phone (ppc-6700) running windows mobile 5. I set up the
vpn connection, and it establishes a good connection.  I am able to ping the
device from the LAN, I can use the mobile version of terminal services and
get to my desktop just fine, I can get to m0n0wall's admin page in pocket
internet explorer, but I can't get to the files on the server.  It returns
the following errors:

"The network path was not found"

"Network resources cannot be found or you do not have permission to access
the network"

I've tried the IP address as well as the server name incase that was an
issue.  I know the device is capable of connecting and browsing files
because when I am on the network via wi-fi I can get to the shared drive and
files.  And I have asked other users if they are able to do the same thing
over a VPN (they don't use m0n0wall) and they said it works no problem for
them.

Any idea on why this might not be working?

Thanks!