[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Can't access share over PPTP VPN from Windows Mobile 5
 Date:  Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:29:16 -0400
On 6/30/06, Justin Sirois <justin at onthez dot com> wrote:
> I have been using m0n0wall and loving it for some time now.  I have a pptp
> vpn setup and have used it to log in remotely with my laptop.  Once in I can
> get to my desktop shared drive and pull files off, administer m0n0wall, use
> terminal services, and that's about the extent of what I need to do.

If it works with other machines, and you can't access it via hostname
or IP address on the problem machine, there's some problem with your
Windows Mobile device.  If it works with one device, it'll work with
any properly configured client device.

My first guess would be, if you can access other services on that
machine, the "do not have permission to access the network" part of
the message you're getting.  Enabling security logging on the host
you're trying to access should give you more information.

-Chris