[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Help with layout....
 Date:  Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:56:40 -0400
On 6/30/06, Scott Karch <scott dot k at facilitywiz dot com> wrote:

> Man, that' what I was afraid of. I'll try and get 4 /30s to be safe. You
> never know what you might need on the outside of the firewall.

You don't need four /30's.  If you think you may need to add devices
outside the firewall in the future, get a /29.  That leaves you with 6
total usable IP's, 4 extras.  There's no reason to burn all those
small subnets in this situation when a single /29 would serve you
equally well and actually better since it's cleaner.

> Anyone know of the easiest way to do a ( I think this is the right term )
> split horizon DNS without 2 different servers?

What DNS server software?

-Chris