[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  scott dot k at facilitywiz dot com (Scott Karch)
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Help with layout....
 Date:  Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:03:05 -0500
Chris,

Thanks. After posting I realized a /29 would be much cleaner as well. It
also helps with my backup situation as well. As only the /24 is BGPd

As for DNS. I'm open to any program on any platform as long as it has a GUI.
The project managers get/have to assign their own DNS names as new clients
come in. We're currently using SimpleDNS on Windows, but I'd switch to
anything if it handled the split horizon DNS. Mac, Linux, Windows..
anything.

For those unfamiliar, split horizon DNS is one term for handling DNS
differently for internal and external users. Users on the internet might get
www.fwiz.com resolving to 64.1.127.144  but once we get all the 1:1 NAT
done, we need internal users have www.fwiz.com resolve to 10.0.1.144. It can
be done with 2 DNS servers and duplicate sets of records, but we add and
change records so often I'm really hoping we can find a solution that can
resolve internal and external requests differently depending on the source
IP. Does that explanation sound correct to you Chris?