[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mark Gilbert" <mgilbert at marinhd dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  multiple VPN tunnels with identicle subnets at other end.
 Date:  Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:19:39 -0700
Does the m0n0wall have the ability to handle vpn tunnels from one location with ideticle subnets at
the other end of the tunnel.

Ex.

                                                       Operations VPN m0n0wall
                                                               10.0.0.1

192.168.1.0               192.168.0.0                             172.20.30.185       192.168.1.0

You will notice that there are 2 networks with 192.168.1.0

I don not remember what to call this type of NAT translation but in order to do it on other devices
we had to do the following for vpn's:

10.0.0.0 --- 192.10.20.30.0---|---192.168.31.0 ------ 192.168.1.0

10.0.0.0 --- 192.10.20.40.0---|---192.168.41.0 ------ 192.168.1.0

This allows us to have multple customers with identicle subnets.