[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] multiple VPN tunnels with identicle subnets at other end.
 Date:  Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:23:20 -0500
I think by design you can't have the same IP range, otherwise, how does
the client know where to send packets? What happens if you have two
computers on each end with the same IP address?

M0n0wall may support it, but I'm not sure the clients will.

Thanks,
Michael

Mark Gilbert wrote:
> Does the m0n0wall have the ability to handle vpn tunnels from one location with ideticle subnets
at the other end of the tunnel.

> Ex.
>
>                                                        Operations VPN m0n0wall
>                                                                10.0.0.1
                     |
> 192.168.1.0               192.168.0.0                             172.20.30.185       192.168.1.0

> You will notice that there are 2 networks with 192.168.1.0
>
> I don not remember what to call this type of NAT translation but in order to do it on other
devices we had to do the following for vpn's: