[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeff Buehler <jeff at buehlertech dot com>
 To:  Mark Gilbert <mgilbert at marinhd dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Object tracking
 Date:  Thu, 29 Jun 2006 07:08:22 -0700
Could you run a ping script to the given monitored IPs (or use something
like Nagios) and then run a script to update the routing configuration
on a router that can take external commands easily?  That's the approach
I would take from a cost to performance standpoint, unless I
misunderstand what you are trying to do.  I did something similar to
that years ago with a cheap Linksys router (but I opened and closed
ports within  a LAN rather than modifying the route between two WANS in
that case) to do primitive failover.  It worked perfectly.

Jeff