[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Don Munyak" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Alias Name with NAT 1:1
 Date:  Sat, 1 Jul 2006 13:26:51 -0400
Maybe I'm missing something or don't quite understand...but

Using the alias name functionality is great and a real potential time
saver. I understand the useage for alias with respect to filter rules.

However, can alias be used in configuring NAT 1:1. I've tried but keep
getting an error.

ie...I have applied the alias name "webserver" to 192.168.1.10 and
used the alias name "webserver" in the WAN rules. When I try to
reconfigure NAT 1:1 to use the alias name, the GUI responds back with
an error message about needing to use a valid subnet IP.

If using an alias name in NAT 1:1 currently is not available, will the
devolpers consider this a feature request.

ie...instead of public IP NAT-to private IP, optional for public IP
NAT-to alias name :)

~Don