[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <lesjak dot borut at siol dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  monowall preboot hang on generic p1
 Date:  Sun, 2 Jul 2006 00:03:46 +0200
Hello
I  em having a problem with monowall boot .
I use a generic pc platform and everithing vorks fine with pc greater than p1 (I try several
diferent motherboards from p2 266 to p4,amd xp...),but I try 5 p1 motherboards and all but one hang
at pre boot state (after the disk is found and before the page with information about the pc is
shown: cpu MHZ ,...) the pc does not stop responding becouse if I press a del button it goes  in to
bios  . please help the only motherboard that worked properly is gone to smoke and curently i em
workyng on chaintech 5vlm  but like almoust all other it stops at the same point.
I try boot  with another linux product Clarkconnect and it boot fine on all these p1 motherboards.
What could be the problem and can it be fixed?.
Borut