[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Soren Vanggaard Jensen" <svanggaard at hotmail dot com>
 To:  kutz at netcologne dot de, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Mon, 03 Jul 2006 01:00:52 +0000
I'm 100% convinced that temperature is not the cause.

I've seen the problem on at least:

3 PC platforms (a year ago)
SOEKRIS Net 4501 (1 month ago)
SOEKRIS Net 4801 (Now)

No components where reused. Also the PC installation was placed in an
air-conditioned serverroom.

I still have a hunch that the problem is related to packet fragmentation
and/or ICMP (which is different from site to site). For now i've set up
rules to block all ICMP traffic for the problem site and the uptime is now 2
days, 18:16. Since installation (1,5 months ago) I've seen 2 days typical
uptime, with a minimum extreme of 1 hour and a maximum extremme of 11 days.
I hope this experiment will aid in pinpointing the problem.

If anyone has tries this already (blocking all ICMP) i'd very much like to
hear if that solved the problmes.

I have several sites running monowall without problems. The traffic
pattern/contents is more or less the same on all sites. However the LAN
equipment connected is very different.

BR