[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Constantinescu Nicolaie" <kosson at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPTP blind clients
 Date:  Tue, 4 Jul 2006 13:49:02 +0300
Hello,

I have a very nasty problem with my VPN settings (m0n0box: 1.22
installed on HDD).
I read a lot parsing the issues solved involving a PPTP setting but
nothing matches my problem:

target-box (LAN) -> M0n0 -> PPTP connection -> LinBox(firewall) -> PPTP client

target-box: 192.168.1.3 (server MS-SQL & stuff)
M0n0 box configured by the manual instructions (having the rule set on
any-to-any)
	-Server address: 192.168.1.253
	-Remote address range: 192.168.1.192
	-require 128...
PPTP client: 192.168.19.x

Problem 1: Although the client gets connected, issuing the ipconfig
commmand the VPN client figures with the public IP assigned to his
firewall and not with an IP given by the VPN service.
Problem 2: Although the client gets connected after 1 minute the
connection is lost.
Problem 3: Although the connection exists the client cannot see the
network behind VPN (no ping, no nothing)

I'm in a point blank and all your advice would be fresh watter to my.

Thank you very much

--
Constantinescu Nicolaie
Information Officer