[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paulo Meireles <paulo dot meireles at exxpert dot com>
 To:  "Owen W. Salmon" <owensalmon at rogers dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall Firewall on Asterisk
 Date:  Wed, 05 Jul 2006 00:36:24 +0100
Short answer: no. m0n0wall is not an application; it's an appliance.
This means that it cannot share the same hardware with others - it wants
the machine all for itself.
Longer answer (but just a bit): yes. Of course, you'll have to use Xen
(with a supported CPU) or VMware (which is now free-as-in-beer) in order
to create a virtual environment in which to install m0n0wall. If you
know nothing about virtualization, Google is your friend...
My final answer: It's not trivial, but it's possible; you being able to
do it or not depends mainly on your skills. Virtualization is fun. Try it.

Paulo