[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jonathan Karras <jkarras at karras dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Tue, 04 Jul 2006 18:25:07 -0600
It is most likely a bad ICMP message like the ping of death type thing.
I would assume that FreeBSD 4.11 was patched for this along time ago. I
don't really know the timelines for FreeBSD's version numbers.

If one knows its ICMP now its easier to tell TCPdump what to capture.
This way capture files are note becoming huge.

Jonathan