[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at fudnet dot info>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Serial on generic pc... again!
 Date:  Wed, 05 Jul 2006 11:13:19 -0500
Hello! I read a post in the archives on enabling serial port access on
the generic PC. I've taken the steps noted here through exec.php:

>>umount /cf ; mount -rw /cf
>>echo 'kernel_options="-h"' >> /cf/boot/loader.conf
>>sync; umount /cf ; mount /cf

The changes were successful as I am able to do a 'cat /cf/boot/loader.conf' and see the change.

What are the settings for connecting to the serial port? I assume 9600,8,N,1? Also, is a standard
serial cable required or do I need a null modem cable? Thank you!

--Tim Nelson