[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "PF: m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at in dash genius dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Wed, 5 Jul 2006 17:54:28 -0700
OK, My home mono has been running perfectly for many months.  Three days
ago, I added a rule for ICMP and it locked up today.

I have a Netgear wireless router on OPT1 with captive portal and traffic
shaping. There is a windows 2000 machine (with god knows what on it) and
a neoware terminal on OPT1 also.  There is not a lot of traffic on this
segment.

Rules on opt1 are basically to allow certain ports (RDP) to my LAN and
allow TCP and UDP to the internet once the captive portal is
authenticated.

I was playing with rules in an attempt to get my wife's Nintendo DS to
work on my wireless (which still doesn't work.) I created an entry to
allow the MAC address of the DS to bypass the captive portal. I also
added a rule to allow ICMP. By looking in the log, I found that the DS
is not using ICMP at all, but I didn't remove the rule.

Nothing has changed other than adding the MAC bypass rule and ICMP rule
three days ago.

-Kevin