[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Neil Gardner <Neil at neilnz dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Mirror port functionality on Monowall?
 Date:  Thu, 06 Jul 2006 18:22:25 +1200
Hi guys - I have a little FWA7204
(http://www.ibase-i.com.tw/FWA7204.htm) running Monowall 1.22 for my
small home network behind a cable modem and it works great... Really
simple to setup, silent (uses a CF card) and supports nice SNMP
monitoring through PRTG.

One thing I would like to do would be to monitor the cable segment for
broadcast storms etc and attacks on the segment (ARP etc)... Currently
I'd have to put a little hub between the cable modem and the monowall
box, but I was wondering if I can set a DMZ port and have all the
traffic presented at the WAN port copied to the DMZ port? Or does that
only work for L3 traffic?

I'd like to see all rubbish connections, broadcasts etc. Is there
another way to accomplish that with monowall?

Cheers - Neil Gardner