[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Soren Vanggaard Jensen" <svanggaard at hotmail dot com>
 To:  akemp at iquest dot net, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Thu, 06 Jul 2006 12:59:41 +0000
It seems my case is getting stronger. Your posts and my uptime (now 6 days,
6 hours - usually less than 2 days) since blocking all ICMP traffic.

Now, why is it that some (most) monowall installations dos not freeze even
though outbound ICMP is allowed by default rules? I think there could be 2
reasons:

1) The problem only occurs under heavy load conditions
2) The problem occurs only when a junk router, Accesspoint or PC (internet
or LAN) does not handle fragmentation correctly.

For now I believe that the odds points towards (2).

Mvh.