[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter van Eck <peter at vaneckonline dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  M0n0wall behind ADSL Router - NAT
 Date:  Tue, 04 Jul 2006 15:10:40 +0200
Hi,

I've received a new Zyxel 2600 series VoIP router from my ISP.

I replaced my old Zyxel and configured M0n0wall 's WAN interface behind
the Zyxel ADSL Router.

A double NAT setup. m0n0 gets a private IP from the ADSL router anf the
LAN's behind M0n0 are served by M0n0... any suggestions on how to
simplify this setup ?

Although I would like to put the Zyxel in bridge mode to continue M0n0
as is I have to
put it in router mode for the VoIP line connection on the Zyxel.

I do have frequent disconnects as well with cisco vpn client. Using IKE
(500) and UDP 4500 for transportation... The ADSL router logs the
following :

UDP WAN -> LAN  src <ip>:4500  dest <ip>:17610 or whatever high port number.
how could that happen? Using IPSEC with UDP 4500 ?? shouldn't both ends
solely communicate over UDP/4500 for keep alives etc ?....

I never had this issue ehen running the ADSL router in bridge mode and
where m0n0 was configured with the ISP's public IP ....

thanks,

Peter