[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bjoern Euler <lists at edain dot de>
 To:  Fabrizio Lippolis <Fabrizio dot Lippolis at AurigaInformatica dot it>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] suggestion on multiport network card
 Date:  Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:35:28 +0200
Fabrizio Lippolis wrote:
> I would like to build a m0n0wall box in a small case in which there are
> only two PCI slots available. Since I need at least 5 interfaces I am
> thinking of using a multiport network card. Does anybody run a similar
> configuration? Any suggestion on which cards to get? Thank you in advance.

Cheapest would be some D-Link 4-Port NIC, like
<http://geizhals.at/eu/a36334.html>.

Also check
<http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.11R/hardware-i386.html#ETHERNET> for
compatibility to m0n0wall.

If you need at least 5 NICs I suggest that your network setup is more
complex than a home/soho setup. In that case I would prefer something
like a Nexcom NSA 1080, see here:
<http://www.nexcom.com.tw/product/productlist.jsp?iid=44&iid2=47>

Regards,
-Bjoern