[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David W. Hess <dwhess at banishedsouls dot org>
 To:  Fabrizio Lippolis <Fabrizio dot Lippolis at AurigaInformatica dot it>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] suggestion on multiport network card
 Date:  Fri, 07 Jul 2006 16:51:28 -0500
On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 14:42:14 +0200, you wrote:

>I would like to build a m0n0wall box in a small case in which there are
>only two PCI slots available. Since I need at least 5 interfaces I am
>thinking of using a multiport network card. Does anybody run a similar
>configuration? Any suggestion on which cards to get? Thank you in advance.

I have used the Intel dual port PCI adapters linked by others to good effect and
the four port ones should be fine as well if you can find and afford them.

Soekris makes dual and four port cards using the National DP83816 ethernet
controller and a PCI bridge which I would choose over the D-Link DFE-580TX
unless I could verify what the D-Link is actually using:

http://www.soekris.com/lan16x1.htm