[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at fudnet dot info>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Nokia IP380
 Date:  Fri, 07 Jul 2006 18:37:29 -0500
Hello! I recently acquired a Nokia IP380 and am having some issues
getting it to boot. I'm a 'veteran' when it comes to m0n0wall
installation but this one stumps me. I know the image installation
process worked just fine as I am able to boot the drive in any other
machine with no problems. I've enabled access via the serial port and am
able to watch it boot. Everything seems fine until the kernel
initializes the ide controller(s). It slows down at the point and stops
abruptly after initializing some sort of UHCI device. There are no
options in the BIOS for a USB controller or anything similar. Is there a
kernel parameter I can pass upon boot to disable this device? Do I need
a custom kernel? Help!!!

--Tim Nelson