[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] A usefull tool to monitor your monowall network
 Date:  Sat, 8 Jul 2006 15:12:09 -0400
On 7/8/06, Monsieur Monsieur <buju3000 at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> It's free,
> and it's cool.
>

> I just discovered "The dude", a tool to visually manage a network.

Very cool indeed!!  I've been looking for something like this for a
while, thanks very much!  Anybody know of anything similar, with
mapping capabilities like this, that's free?  I like this a lot, but
having options is always a good thing.  :)

I'll offer a word of warning though, watch your discovery settings.  I
told mine to traverse subnets, since I have a routed VLAN network at
home, and it's scanning my entire /22 WAN subnet as well.  Whoops.  :)
 Some ISP's will probably detect such a thing and not be happy about
it.  Not to mention adding a thousand of your neighbors' insecure
machines creates a giant mess of your map.

-Chris