[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andreas Ferrari <aferrari at stasoft dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with MTU
 Date:  Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:18:50 +0200
Chris Buechler schrieb:
> On 7/7/06, Andreas Ferrari <aferrari at stasoft dot ch> wrote:
>

>> > How did you "set it by hand"?
>> ifconfig interface mtu size -> (on https://mym0n0.foo/exec.php)
>>

> That will only affect traffic originated by m0n0wall.  You need to use
> the setting on the WAN page for other hosts, so MSS clamping will
> work.
>

>> I had to set it because a postfix server behind the m0n0wall still gets
>> a lot of timeouts.
>>
>> The mss clamping feature didnt solve my problem..
>> Only setting it hard with ifconfig (see above) solved the problem...
>

> That really shouldn't have any effect.  Are you sure this is really
> what resolved it and wasn't just a coincidence?

I know it sounds very strange but before I had a lot of timeouts and
after changing it I had none.....  I also searched for a good
explonation but I didnt found anything that gave me the answer to this
question...... maybe someone can explain it......

> -Chris

STASOFT AG
P: +41 61 726 80 70
F: +41 61 726 80 79