[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  SDamron <sdamron at gmail dot com>
 To:  "tnelson at fudnet dot info" <tnelson at fudnet dot info>
 Cc:  "Craig FALCONER" <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Nokia IP380
 Date:  Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:59:22 -0500
I did have to load m0n0 on the harddrive from another PC to get it to
work, I had to edit the config.xml file to assign MAC addresses to the
3 nics, and enable the seriel console.  After I did that, it took
right off!  Mine is an IP330 with an amd K6II 450 and 512 megs of ram,
and a replacement 5 gig harddrive.  It had a 10 gig IBM DeathStar in
it when I got it, but it was dead...not too suprizing!!  I used
Chris's BSD boot disk and connected the disk to my PC.  Once the BSD
booted up (running from CD) I just mounted the drive, and was able to
edit the config.xml without any problems.  I also have another IP330
which I loaded pfsense on...I have to say, it was MUCH easier than
trying to get m0n0 on one of them...

On 7/10/06, tnelson at fudnet dot info <tnelson at fudnet dot info> wrote:
> I'm also working on an IP330... see my seperate thread about that happy
> piece of hardware... ;-)  I would like to stick with monowall for its
> smaller footprint and rock solid stability over pfSense. The cable I'm
> using  has all 9 pins. I am able to get into the BIOS just fine...
>
> --Tim Nelson
>
> > Strange.
> >
> > I have an IP330 that works pretty well (apart from being clocked locked to
> > 166 MHz.)
> >
> > Have you tried pfSense instead?  Also, are you sure your null modem
> > cable/console cable is good enough?  I had a three wire one that allowed
> > me
> > to watch the boot messages, but not to get into the bios or onto a console
> > after booting.
> >
> > http://criggie.dyndns.org/tech/ip330/   <-- info and pics on mine.

"Nothing on earth can overcome an absolutely non-resistant person."