[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fabrizio Lippolis <Fabrizio dot Lippolis at AurigaInformatica dot it>
 To:  Bjoern Euler <lists at edain dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] suggestion on multiport network card
 Date:  Tue, 11 Jul 2006 09:49:58 +0200
Bjoern Euler ha scritto:

> If you need at least 5 NICs I suggest that your network setup is more
> complex than a home/soho setup. In that case I would prefer something
> like a Nexcom NSA 1080, see here:
> <http://www.nexcom.com.tw/product/productlist.jsp?iid=44&iid2=47>

Hi Bjoern,

I've had a look at the Nexcom you suggested and it looks quite
interesting. By the way, I've read the specifications and the NSA 1086
which I found on the web site has 8 Marvell network interfaces. Do you
think they are supported by m0n0wall? In the hardware notes of FreeBSD
4.11 I didn't find any reference to these NICs.

--
Fabrizio Lippolis                fabrizio dot lippolis at aurigainformatica dot it
Auriga Informatica s.r.l.            Via Don Guanella 15/B - 70124 Bari