[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Iedema" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 To:  "'Jason P Jones'" <jjones at integracon dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Editing rootfs image and Creating CF image
 Date:  Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:21:47 -0600
> Hello,
> I'm interested in editing the downloaded rootfs image and
> then creating a CF
> .img file- just like the downloadable one, for the soekris
> net45xx boxes. I
> will be doing this on either Gentoo or W/XP. I do like the ease of the
> physdiskwrite utility, so Windows instructions would be
> handy, but I use
> linux just as much so...

As far as I know there is no way to unpack and edit the images in
windows.  My Linux stupidity is showing through here, but if there is a
'vn' device equivalent then a quick edit of my unpacker script should
get you going (http://mrkasai.undergroup.com/m0n0wall).  Otherwise I
would find a tired old box and throw FreeBSD 4.9 on it.  That's the
easiest route, and the route the hackers guide
(http://m0n0.ch/wall/hack/) was written for.

Hope that helps,
--Michael I.