[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bart Smit <bit at pipe dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  Jorgen Norrman <jurg at home dot se>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ntp, bad idea?
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jan 2004 00:01:40 +0100
Bart Smit wrote:

> I don't know if such minimalistic ntp server code exists somewhere.

As it turns out, it's called msntp and it is already part of m0n0wall,
acting as a client...

Looks like to get it to serve, you only need minor surgery to
system_ntp_configure() , /usr/local/bin/runmsntp.sh, and
services_dhcpd_configure(). To get it above the kludge level, you'll
also need some UI work and some smart things with firewall rules.

Personally I'm quite happy running ntp server(s) behind m0n0wall, and
lacking any php experience or coding clout, I'll gladly leave it to
properly motivated people (for instance the guy that wanted the feature
in the first place?) ;-)

--B