[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dana Spiegel <dana at sociableDESIGN dot com>
 To:  Josh McCormack <joshmccormack at travelersdiary dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Feature Comparison
 Date:  Sun, 25 Jan 2004 19:05:40 -0500
Josh,

HIS thoughts... :)

NYCwireless would certainly like to see a comparison of this
information (and there are a couple of other distros as well, like
wifibsd.org). We can definitely put up your information on the site.

One thing that's important about such a comparison is looking beyond
pure feature comparisons. Important areas of comparison:

- Ease of use (UI, default settings, documentation, ease of
installation)
- Community (activity of community, integration of community requested
features, helpfulness)
- Security (default security settings, ease of configuration,
documentation of best practices, fast updates to distro)

Director, NYCwireless
dana at nycwireless dot net
www.nycwireless.net