[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "taharka" <res00vl8 at alltel dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Feature Request
 Date:  Sun, 25 Jan 2004 19:32:20 -0500
Howdy,
> It would be nice to be able to change the login name from "admin" to
> anything besides "admin" or "administrator".
>
> I know it seems trivial, But internal people do like to play. With having
> the login name already, This makes it 50% easier to mess things up.
I don't see a problem with the login name being "admin", unless a weak
password is in use. If you have a problem creating strong passwords, there's
plenty of free utilities out there that will create them for you.
Personally, I use a freeware utility on my Handspring Visor that creates
strong passwords. Got it at: palmgear.com :)
---