[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Iedema" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 To:  <res00vl8 at alltel dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Feature Request
 Date:  Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:34:05 -0600
> I don't see a problem with the login name being "admin", unless a weak

Agreed.  You are by no means 50% 'in' by knowing the username.  You are
unable to confirm the accuracy of the username without also having a
correct password.

> password is in use. If you have a problem creating strong
> passwords, there's
> plenty of free utilities out there that will create them for you.

FYI: Incase anyone wanted to make their m0n0wall experience complete,
Manuel has a password generator for windows based upon mouse movements.
It's on his other site at http://neon1.net.  It's called mkpasswd and
I've been using it for awhile.  Strong, and has the 'novelty' quality
about it.

--Michael I.