[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul Fournier" <august70 at thefourniers dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Feature Request
 Date:  Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:14:50 -0500
Actually all anyone who wants to be malicious has to do it telnet to the
device on port 80 (or just try to visit it via a web browser and
unsuccessfully login a couple times)
and try a /GET a couple times and the router returns and error with info
letting the person know
what software is running on it. After a minute or so on the m0n0wall
website, they would have the
user name to login. Granted using strong passwords is still a smart thing to
do, If your not looking at the logs for a couple of days this could give a
user an opportunity to access the router.

error from router returns this.

(null) 400 Bad Request
Server: mini_httpd/1.19 19dec2003
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 02:58:32 GMT
Cache-Control: no-cache,no-store
Connection: close

<head>
<title>m0n0wall</title>
<!--
 body,td,th,input,select
 { font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:
11px;}
 .pgtitle { font-size: 24px; color: #777777; font-weight: bold; }
 .rederr { font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold; color: #CC0000;}
 a { text-decoration: none; }
-->
</head>