[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian Z <mono at ricerage dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall-list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless Adapters
 Date:  Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:51:59 -0500
The first question you should be asking yourself is, "Does FreeBSD 4.9
support these cards?"

In answer to that:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.9R/hardware-i386.html#AEN1394

Now, AFAIK, m0n0wall can probably use any of the FreeBSD supported WLAN
cards as mere interfaces (provided support for them exists in the
default kernel, but you can dump that in yourself if not), but only
adapters utilizing the Prism2/2.5/3 chipsets can run HostAP.

In order to tell what chipsets different cards use, I usually check
here: http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html Other (better?)
resources may exist as well, I am personally unaware of them however.

If I'm wrong on any of these points, someone please correct me.

Brian

P.S.
Yeah, this was asked already. Today even. :D