[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dany Nativel <dany underscore list at natzo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall-list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  2 quick questions about PPTP
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:36:47 -0500
I successfully used PPTP to secure a WLAN.  I should receive a Soekris
board (4501) soon. So far it has been working on an old pc with 3
network cards. The primary goal was not to use any pci/mini-pci WLAN
card... just raw ethernet link to an AP so I can upgrade to g later..
thanks to the OPT support on monowall and the nice routing features.

So the two questions are :

- Can PPTP take advantage of a crypto card (like vpn1201/1211) like
IPSEC ?    Is vpn14101/1411 much better/required ?
- What authentication protocol is used on Monowall ( CHAP (M$) or PAP) ?

Thank you
Dany