[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Sandy" <sandyc at corp dot netcarrier dot com>
 To:  "Jason P Jones" <jjones at integracon dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Editing rootfs image and Creating CF image
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:01:21 -0500
Damn my reply didn't go back to the list, stupid me for not looking at
the To:  Here's my reply for the list just incase this helps someone
else trying the same thing.

I do major hacking on my m0n0 using freebsd 4.8  He is what I do.

gunzip NEWimage.lan-10.10.10.1_wan-192.168.0.86.bin.gz
vnconfig -c vn0 NEWimage.lan-10.10.10.1_wan-192.168.0.86.bin
mount /dev/vn0 mnt
cp mnt/mfsroot.gz .
umount mnt
gunzip mfsroot.gz
vnconfig -u vn0
vnconfig -c vn0 mfsroot
mount /dev/vn0 mnt

cd mnt and do my modifying.

Once im done.

umount mnt
vnconfig -u vn0
gzip mfsroot
vnconfig -c vn0 NEWimage.lan-10.10.10.1_wan-192.168.0.86.bin
mount /dev/vn0 mnt
mv mfsroot.gz mnt/.
umount mnt
vnconfig -u vn0
gzip NEWimage.lan-10.10.10.1_wan-192.168.0.86.bin

Here is something else to think of, by default mono has no interfaces
selected, plug in a console and make sure your interfaces are selected.
If you don't have console, in the config add your interfaces.

  <interfaces>
                <lan>
                        <if>sis2</if>
                        <ipaddr>10.0.0.1</ipaddr>