[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Richard Morrell <dick at dickmorrell dot com>
 To:  Brad Gibson <brad dot gibson at naponline dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] wireless ssid
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:11:17 +0000 (GMT)
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Brad Gibson wrote:

> Last night I setup my m0n0wall to act as an Access Point too. I noticed that
> it doesn't support disabling SSID broadcasting. So I looked up in the
> archives and found this e-mail.

I just ordered some Prism PCI cards as the Linksys WMP11s I have arent
supported. Didn't realise (hadnt configured WLAN period under m0n0) that
ssid broadcasting couldnt be turned off. This really rules out WLAN usage
for me as I have four clowns in my street all with WiFi. I am only one
with ssid turned off on my AP the others all fight between each other and
when my cable modem fails I just use theirs :) However I have to be able
to be anonymous as much as possible regardless of WEP.