[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bruno Carlos" <bruno dot carlos at flesk dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: Ip traffic daemon
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:48:16 -0000
Hi,This could easily be done like this (that's how we're doing it):Create
counters in ipfw that would count traffic based on user request
(example):ipfw add 1000 count all from any to $ip via $wanipfw add 1100
count all from $ip to any via $wanBeing $ip whatever the user has chosen,
could be a single host, a network, etc.Then, all we have to do is feed MRTG
with both counters every 5 minutes which is easily done with a ipfw show |
grep 1000 | printf .... to extract the third parameter which is the byte
counter.Now, the problem with this is that m0n0wall would have to allow to
create the counters per user selection, much like it currently does for a
firewall rule.Bruno Carlos> Hi folks,