[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Michael A. Alderete" <lists dash 2003 at alderete dot com>
 Cc:  KnowHow The NetCrawler <knowhow at babyburner dot dk>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Soekris HW
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:33:59 +0100
Michael A. Alderete wrote:

>>How the hell did he get the logo on so nicely? You can't just paint it
>>like that?
>
> I have no idea. I could never get it to look so good, no matter *what* I did.
>
> I suspect there's a good story here for the Wiki or m0n0wall web site! I
> can visualize a new HowTo document, "HowTo: Paint the m0n0wall logo on your
> appliance HW". ;-)

Yeah sure, me and my craft skills! :) Here's the message I posted to the
Soekris list more than a year ago, when m0n0wall was still in its
infancy without any XML yet and shell scripts for booting...

http://neon1.net/temp/m0n0wall/paintitblack.html

I could start an auction - who wants Manuel's very first painted net4501
(ordered in May 2002) that made him start m0n0wall in the first place? ;)

- Manuel