[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Steebe" <steebe at centrum dot cz>, "monowall konferka" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Hardware - more then 2 Cards
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:26:56 -0800
I can't guarantee this is the problem, but in my experience, some PCI cards
with some BIOS (sometimes only in certain slots) will have resource
conflicts.

You can try changing the card slots and resetting BIOS resource assignment
if available, or try changing brands.

It may have to do with a particular cards PCI implementation.

I was once trying to load 3 NIC's and one PCI modem into a board with 5
slots... took about 10 combinations before I found one that would boot.

Good luck!

m/