[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Soekris HW
 Date:  Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:18:14 +1000
Hi All,

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 07:33, Manuel Kasper wrote:
> Michael A. Alderete wrote:
>
> >>How the hell did he get the logo on so nicely? You can't just paint it
> >>like that?
> >
> > I have no idea. I could never get it to look so good, no matter *what* I did.
> >
> > I suspect there's a good story here for the Wiki or m0n0wall web site! I
> > can visualize a new HowTo document, "HowTo: Paint the m0n0wall logo on your
> > appliance HW". ;-)
>
> Yeah sure, me and my craft skills! :) Here's the message I posted to the
> Soekris list more than a year ago, when m0n0wall was still in its
> infancy without any XML yet and shell scripts for booting...
>
> http://neon1.net/temp/m0n0wall/paintitblack.html

What I find weird is that Soekris, on their website, fail to show any
pics of their boxes.  Well, I haven't been able to find any linked from
any other pages on their site.

Manuel's box is the first one I've ever actually seen.  And it looks
nice.  Mark's box is nice and small, too - and will be rather schweeeeet
when he's got his "production" one made.

> I could start an auction - who wants Manuel's very first painted net4501
> (ordered in May 2002) that made him start m0n0wall in the first place? ;)

Dude, don't even joke aboot this.  Wait another few years, and it'll be
worth millions.  :)

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                   Email: Hilton at QuarkAV dot com
         Quark Computers        Phone: +61-(0)419-792-394
(Brisbane, Australia)            http://www.QuarkAV.com/

				http://www.mamboband.org/